Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Whenever You Feel Bad About Yourself, Just Think of Ryan Leaf.

I wanted to give out a life lesson to my wonderful blog-readers. As I was at work today, hanging out with my coworker's 4 year old daughter, I began to think of the important lesson that I could gift to her. I asked her if she knew who Ryan Leaf was. She said she did not (yes, I was shocked, WHO DOESN'T?!) I began to tell her the important life lessons that Ryan Leaf taught us all...

For those of you who don't know who this shining example of the human race is, here is a recap:

Ryan Leaf is listed by the NFL Network #1 NFL Quarterback Bust of all time. Now I admit, as a Husky, I find almost too much joy in his story. To take a quick look back, Leaf was a very successful quarterback at Washington State University. He was up for the Heisman Trophy, was the Pac-10 offensive player of the year, and a first team All-American. Pretty awesome. But screw senior year, let's make some dough!

Thennnnnn draft day came, and he was picked second overall. Just a measly $31.25 million contract with a $11.25 million signing bonus. First, Leaf just sucked at football, like, really sucked. He was 1 or 15 passes in his third game with 4 total yards and 3 fumbles. Oh, and he also threw 13 interceptions in 9 games. Major suuuckage.

Leaf's WSU class came shining through when he began cussing out reporters, fighting teammates and being carried off the field after he tried to challenge a heckling fan to a fight. Then of course he got injured and the Chargers said in the nicest possible way, "don't let the door hit you on the way out" (along with several expletives that would NOT be appropriate for me to say)

Flash to 2009! Ryan Leaf is indicted on burglary and controlled substance charges in Texas. In April of this year, he plead guilty to 7 counts of obtaining a controlled substance by fraud and one count of delivery of a controlled substance, allll felonies. Leaf was sentenced to 10 years probation and a $20,000 fine.

And now we come to today! What is Ryan Leaf up to you ask? Well Deadspin.com has taken care of you and me. The Associated Press tracked Ryan down at his parents home, where he now lives (34 years old...). He claims he is happier and has had some struggles. But here is a picture for you to decide...




So little Olivia, remember as you enter your Kindergarden class tomorrow that no one wants to be like Ryan Leaf. Be nice to others, don't yell at your coaches or try to fight random people.

I think I received my Karma points for the day. You're Welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment