Friday, January 14, 2011

Drink This, Become Cristiano Ronaldo


So, I wanted to give a little blip about this new energy that my friend works for. Ever since the World Cup, my family has had to step in to intervene on my delusion that I was going to quit my job and go out for the Mens US National Team. I don't know why they don't believe in me. Perhaps I can't touch my toes standing up, and the fastest mile I ever ran was 6:45, or that even the though of running outside makes me want to just give up and take a nap, but whatever.

ANYWHO, this new Seattle based company, Golazo, (yeay, go Seattle) is sponsoring what may be one of the most fun ways to spend a Friday night. 3v3 Collegiate Pop Up Tournament in Capitol Hill on Saturday, January 22nd from 8pm to 12midnight. "But Alex, who wants to work out on a Saturday night, I want to go to the bars." Well, there's an open bar, a TACO TRUCK (hell yeah), a DJ and cool visual things. So if you feel like being lazy, which is my daily life (perhaps that was my parents concern), just come and drink and watch people make a fool of themselves as they attempt to be athletic after a couple of beers.

But aside from that, this is a pretty sweet company. Seattle has proven itself as THE city for soccer. No other MLS team in the country has sold as many tickets as the Sounders FC. David Beckham even said that Qwest Field is the closest he has come to playing in a European atmosphere while in North America. So Golazo started doing a little bit of research and found that the soccer nuts of Seattle had been sharing different concoctions and recipes to maintain energy during soccer games. A few ideas here, a few ideas there and BAM, welcome to the world baby Golazo.

Check out their website, which is pretty freaking cool. It is not just a site about the 'drank' but also a great hub for everything soccer.



I guess instead of quitting my day job, I can just waste time by looking at this site...

Ok, back to selling houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment