Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Father's Day


This weekend is the annual celebration of our fathers. Happy Father's Day to my pops. And I'm serious when I say, 'thank you'. The whole diaper situation must have sucked, especially when mom refused to ever change one. "Oh my gosh, Bob, it's amazing. They don't need a change all day until you get home!". And raising two daughters can't be super easy. I think all fathers should be allowed a sabbatical from the time their daughters are 12yrs old till 16yrs old. But being surrounded by 3 women for the past 25 years has forced my dad to be informed of things he never would have otherwise known. Such as 7 For All Man Kind jeans, which he purchased for the first time this past year. So in close, thank you dad for changing my diapers, pretending to be interested in American Girl Dolls, understanding that I don't have a learning disability when I spend $120+ on a pair of jeans, and over all, just being super awesome.

Unfortunately, not all kids are lucky when it comes to the lottery of life in choosing parents. Sure they love them, but they are definitely embarrassed of them. In honor of Father's Day, here are some dads that also deserve a little recognition for their true amazingness...

Hoop Dreams.

I really don't think this father would be upset if the kid came out looking like Denis Rodman.

A Celebration Fit For a King
They can only hope to find husbands just like their father.

Who Wears Short-Shorts?
If Weiner-Gate occured in the 80's, he could truly say it was just an accidentally taken photo.

Conception and Birth in the Same Location.
Except I'm not sure why those two people aren't wearing pants, and the (hopefully) father is naked?

2 Dads.

ALL father's deserve recognition!

1 comment:

  1. Hey.....wait a minute......that urban myth about your diapers just isn't true.....well, OK, maybe a 'few' times it 'happened' just as he was walking in the door. What a coincident....actually, somewhat amazing, your timing!
    signed, THE MOM

    ReplyDelete