Monday, August 20, 2012

Office Thoughts

  
   A big congrats to myself for making it through the first month at my new job.  I honestly can't understand why more (any) people aren't walking up to me on the street and delivering high fives and fist bumps.  It's been a rough transition.  I enjoyed funemployment for about a month.  My schedule consisted of waking up somewhere around 10am, putting on gym cloths with some intention of working out, then spending the rest of the day watching Pretty Little Liars and Real Housewives.  I would sometimes attempt a trip to the local grocery story to only realize that I forgot my list at home which detailed the latest Pinterest recipe I had discovered.  And no, I could not use my phone to recover it because it had died from texting my boyfriend / sister / friends throughout the day who actually HAD jobs, but I was bored and demanded that they entertain me before Luanne's eyes bulged out of their sockets.  
     
     It's been a blessing and a curse that my new job literally keeps me busy from 7am when I get into the office, till 4:00pm when I leave.  While sometimes I want to tap out and follow Anna Nicole Smith's rout (minus the weird clown make up and dying from drugs), I have enough memories of jobs where I literally had nothing to do other than refresh my CNN.com page for new stories.  When I found this little gem today (when I got home of course, because I have no time during work), it brought so many fond / loathful memories back.














Thank's uproxx.com for this awesome collection.

1 comment:

  1. For what it's worth, if this is your quarter-life crisis, here is something to think about: You will most likely have 8-10 more jobs before you call it quits for good. Just let each one add something to your work ethic, your humor, your cynicism. Jobs today aren't like the, er, 'old' days when people were in one company for their whole life. Now, expect to bounce around. Knowing that now will save you headache and heartache down the road. In the meantime, keep on bloggin!

    ReplyDelete